[python-win32] Unicode build of win32gui outside of WinCE?

Matt Campbell mattc at freedombox.cc
Sun Jun 18 15:32:14 CEST 2006

On further consideration, I think the best choice would be to define
UNICODE and link with MSLU for winxpgui, and not define UNICODE for
win32gui.  That way, existing apps using win32gui which expect MBCS will
still work, and new apps which use winxpgui can use Unicode (though
they'll break in the presence of non-ASCII text if they assume MBCS).

I'll work on this when time permits, testing my work in FreedomBox
System Access (see my signature for the URL), which uses win32gui for
menus, dialogs, and a tray icon.

--
Matt Campbell
Lead Programmer