[python-win32] win32com v.s. win32comext?

aurora aurora00 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 18:10:53 CET 2006

I use win32com.shell. There are something special going on I don't
understand. Notice the commands below. I imported win32com.shell. But the
module is being loaded from win32comext\shell\__init__.pyc.

>>> import win32com.shell
>>> win32com.shell
<module 'win32com.shell' from
'c:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\win32comext\shell\__init__.pyc'>

What is the mechanism to make this happen? I am digging into this because
when I try to use py2exe, I got this error:

The following modules appear to be missing
['win32com.shell']

I thought it may be related.

wy