[python-win32] Pythonwin Problems

Michael Foord fuzzyman at voidspace.org.uk
Sat Dec 16 19:26:24 CET 2006

Hello all,

There are various problems with Pythonwin under Movable Python.

The latest that I have discovered is that Pythonwin fails to bring up
the find dialog the *second* time you use it. It fails with the
following traceback :

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "\movpy\lib\pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\view.py", line 349, in
OnCmdEditFind
     find.ShowFindDialog()
   File "\movpy\lib\pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\find.py", line 36, in
ShowFindDialog
     _ShowDialog(FindDialog)
   File "\movpy\lib\pythonwin\pywin\scintilla\find.py", line 53, in
_ShowDialog
     curDialog.CreateWindow()
win32ui: CreateIndirect failed
win32ui: Error in Command Message handler for command ID 57636, Code 0

Anyone got any clues as to what may be causing this ?

There are a couple of other dialog related failures as well, but I've
found workarounds for these (so far).

Fuzzyman
http://www.voidspace.org.uk/index2.shtml