[python-win32] Memory Consumption when running Python COM Script

Johan Lindvall johan.lindvall at gmail.com
Mon Aug 28 08:52:45 CEST 2006

> I have set breakpoint on malloc and free in the runtime library and have
> observed that Python calls these functions frequently, which I suspect is
> part of the problem.

I have investigated this further and found that python appears to
compile the Value call for each loop iteration (dynamic.py, row 300).
The compiled python objects are somehow kept during the lifetime of
the script. Is this correct?

Is is possible to use early binding (with the code generated from
makepy) in a self-hosted python script?

Thanks

--
/Johan.