[python-win32] ADO memory leak?

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 24 18:50:26 CEST 2006

I have a "fairly" simple test script that appears to exhibit a memory
leak when using ADO to insert rows in a SQL Server database via a
persistent connection.

Memory requirements monotonically increase with time (apparently in 4k
increments).

I'm using python 2.4.1,  win32com (pywin32 build 209), and MS Windows XP
with all current updates.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

Any thoughts about where the problem may be?

Thanks,
-- jv

P.S.
Earlier tests showed that:

    * simply maintaining a persistent connection (for 24 hours) is not
      the cause
    * maintaining an active connection and the insert command object are
      not the cause