[python-win32] Problem with .exe for COM server

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon May 2 14:25:10 CEST 2005

> With py2exe and Gordon McMillan's Python Installer, the generated .exe
> can register/unregister the COM server without problem, but it looks
> like the COM client get a timeout while connecting to the COM server:

I've never used py2exe and Gordon McMillan's Python Installer together.  I'd
suggest starting with py2exe alone.  Register the py2exe created .exe, and
use a simple VB script application to test the object:

  set ob = CreateObject("Python.TestServer")

and take things from there.  Ensuring the COM object is registered for
debugging, and that the Pythonwin "Trace Collector" is running should help
diagnose most problems.

Once you have it working on your dev machine, just have something like inno
install the entire py2exe built "dist" directory to the target machine.

Hope that still makes sense given my haste :)