[python-win32] Incomplete ZIP source files at sourceforge.net

Ulrich Berning ulrich.berning at desys.de
Mon May 2 12:06:38 CEST 2005

Hi,

can anybody tell me, why the ZIP source archives at sourceforge.net are
always absolutely incomplete and do not reflect the tagged versions in CVS?
In fact, the ZIP archives are unusable. I always have to checkout from
CVS using the build number as the revision tag to get a complete and
usable set of sources.
I thought, it would be no problem to create a complete ZIP archive from
a commited tagged CVS revision (just checkout, remove the CVS
subdirectories and the .cvsignore files and create a ZIP archive
contining the complete pywin32 directory), but the rules for the ZIP
archive seem to be more complicated (or random?) and change from build
to build.
I have no problem using the CVS sources, but I think providing an
incomplete source archive at sourceforge is absolutely useless.

By the way, am I the only one that tries to build the win32 extensions
from source, and if not, do all others always use the sources from CVS?

Ulli