[python-win32] Pb with COM server on rc2 ?

Michel Claveau mc at mclaveau.com
Fri Mar 25 21:11:13 CET 2005

Hi !

My english is 0.0 beta-version. Sorry.
Then I write the next with easy words.

I have a strange problem (yerterday & today), with COM server write with
Python/Pywin
The COM-server for test is simple : only one method, who return a string.

The problem :

With 2 cpu (one in Win-XP-SP2, other in Win-2003-server), I had install
Python 2.4 rc2 & PyWin 203, and I run the COM server. The "inscription" is
OK (no error, no warning).
But, when I want call it, I obtain a error : "no interface" ; or, with
Python, a error in "Dynamic".

BUT, if I install P2.3.5 (& the PyWin 203/P23), The same script-server-COM
run OK, and the use is OK.

If I update to P24 rc2 : no problem. And modif (or rewrite) the COM-server
is OK.

On a dozain of other CPU, with Update's Python, no problem.

The problem is, perhaps, only with new (virgin ?) install directky with
P24.rc2.

Who know that ?

@-salutations
--