[python-win32] pyhtonwin crash

Tony Cappellini tony at tcapp.com
Wed Mar 16 17:28:36 CET 2005

I've had similar problems, that after running some other apps, I cannot run
PythonWin. The apps I've noticed which seem to have the most problems with
PythonWin are Codewright, and Editor from Borland, Eudora, an EMail client,
and Outlook.

When I see this problem, I double click on the PythonWin icon, and nothing
happens, it never appears, no error message, nothing. It doesn' t show up
in the task manager either.
I usually have to reboot to clear the problem, just so I can run PythonWin.
Occasionally, I've been able to close one or the other of these two apps,
and I can run PythonWin, but more often I need to reboot.

Another similar problem is, if I'm pulling in my email with Eudora, and
launch PythonWin only the outer frame of the PythonWin window is displayed.
The command line window doesn't appear, and I have to close and re-start it
when Eudora is not retrieving email.
I'm running XP SP2 on both systems which I've seen these problems on.

I have a big problem with pyhtonwin.
Not everytime but, sometimes I start pyhtonwin, other applications (like
outlook) crashes with the message "not enough memory or ressources" or
can't open a window??
My first think was, that is microsoft. But it isn't so. Sometimes pyhtonwin
also can't open windows like the other programs (as example the file open
window). When I close some other programs
it will work!!! Very interesting. :)
I think there is a problem with ressources. The only think i have seen in
the windows task-manager is that pythonwin needs over 5000 User-objects.
Other programs
only need about 100.

Can somebody help me?