[python-win32] win32com problem with LabVIEW (newbie question)

Kuner Martin martin.kuner at thomson.net
Fri Jun 24 19:55:48 CEST 2005

LabVIEW has an ActiveX interface. With that you can do nearly everything. The IMHO greatest thing is, that you don´t have to write (or draw) nothing additional to access your self written Vis via the ActiveX interface. The only thing you need is the name of the VI. (see LV doc -> ActiveX)
With that it´s in principle possible to access a LabVIEW application (also apps which are build with the Application Builder) from every language which supports the ActiveX interface.
In the past I did it with VBScript and Jscript. Now I want to do it with python, but it seems there is a problem with the most important method, which calls a VI (see thread).
I hope there will be a solution otherwise I'm in big trouble.

Martin