[python-win32] Interfacing to windows explorer

Simon Hook Simon.J.Hook at jpl.nasa.gov
Wed Jun 8 02:00:51 CEST 2005

Roop,

I do not have a python app but do have one in javascript which MAY help. I
had a bunch of programs with text files which described the input variables.
I wrote 2 programs, the first took the text files and converted them into
html. The second, much shorter program, took the html and used ie as the
interface, if you like a poor man's gui, to the standalone executables. The
final step was to build the execution script for the executable and run it
and then exit out of ie. You can download the software from the link at
http://winvicar.jpl.nasa.gov

After installation, the program you want to look at is

Winvicar\tutor\tu.wsf

I would think python and javascript would behave in a similar manner.

Simon