[python-win32] (no subject)

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Wed Jan 26 18:17:44 CET 2005

Jeff Peery wrote:

> Hello, I am using wxpython and I am having trouble passing variables
> from one frame to another. If I have a parent frame – frame1 – and I
> call a dialog using the following text:
>

>         dlg = wxDialog2.wxDialog2(self)
>
>         try:
>
>             dlg.ShowModal()
>
>         finally:
>
>             dlg.Destroy()
>

> where in this bit of code would I pass a variable to the new dialog? I
> tried several things but I can’t seem to get it to work. Thanks!

If wxDialog2 is a subclass of wxDialog then it can have __init__()
arguments that don't get passed to wxDialog's __init__() call, but are
instead used (and possibly stored) by the instance's extension of
__init__().

Does this answer your question?

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden               http://www.holdenweb.com/
Holden Web LLC      +1 703 861 4237  +1 800 494 3119