[python-win32] Re: remote copy wiht compress/decompress

python at kareta.de python at kareta.de
Wed Jan 19 12:50:31 CET 2005

Hi,

thank you all for your hints and helps. I have now a working solution.

But there is still a little problem and as I investigate in services and threads
I like to see it running.

If the socket-connection operates in the local network everything works fine.
But if it operates over a VPN-connetion it post the following error message:

size = q.recv(HDR_SZ)
socket.error: (10035, 'The socket operation could not complete without blocking'

If I use the first version of the programm without running as service it works
over VPN too. So it seems to be a time problem.

The socket doc declares that sockets start with 'blocking' as the default mode.
I tried to use setblocking and settimeout in various ways but that doesn't
change anything. What can I do examine the problem further ?

regards,
Jürgen