[python-win32] Memory Usage for Processes

Tom Haddon thaddon at equilar.com
Thu Feb 10 23:33:50 CET 2005

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to get memory usage for all processes on a windows box and then later on I want to set up alerts if certain applications are using over a certain amount of memory.

Here's what I have so far, but it's not working as expected. Any help appreciated. Basically it looks like my problem is in getting the process handle...

Thanks, Tom

import win32process
import win32api

class WinProcesses:
    def __init__(self):
        pass

    def listprocesses(self):
        for process in self.proclist():
            try:
                han = win32api.OpenProcess(1, 0, process)
                print self.meminfo(han)
            except:
                print "Couldn't get process %s" % (process,)

    def proclist(self):
        return win32process.EnumProcesses()

    def meminfo(self, handle):
        return win32process.GetProcessMemoryInfo(handle)

if __name__=="__main__":
    processes = WinProcesses()

    test = processes.listprocesses()

    print test

---------------------------------------

Tom Haddon
Equilar, Inc.
1710 South Amphlett Boulevard
Suite 312
San Mateo, CA 94402
650-286-4528 (phone)
650-286-4513 (fax)
thaddon at equilar.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:
This is a transmission from Equilar, Inc. and may contain information which is confidential and proprietary.  If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this message is expressly prohibited.  If you have received this transmission in error, please destroy it and notify us immediately at 650-286-4512.  Internet and e-mail communications are Equilar's property and Equilar reserves the right to retrieve and read any message created, sent and received.