[python-win32] Building Python with Tcl/Tk on Cygwin

Dean N. Williams williams13 at llnl.gov
Tue Feb 1 11:38:05 CET 2005

Dear Python Community,

  I am trying to build Python with Tcl/Tk under the Cygwin_NT-5.1. Has
anyone done this? Do I need to build tcl8.4.9 and tk8.4.9 under the unix
directory or the win directory. I found that the unix directory worked
just fine, and it built the libtcl8.4.a and libtk8.4.a libraries for
use. But I don't think that Python is looking for this. If you've built
Python with Tcl/Tck, is it possible for you to send me instructions on
how you did it? Thanks in advance...

Best regards,
  Dean

P.S. "I'm trying to build on a Dell Latitude D600 laptop running Windows
NT. I installed CYGWIN_NT-5.1 and Python 2.4."