[python-win32] How do I post and reply message at any time?

Waylan Limberg waylan at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 04:18:56 CET 2005

On 12/10/05, Steve Holden <steve at holdenweb.com> wrote:
> wccppp wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > This must be a stupid question.  But I haven't found the answer for
> > quite a while.  Here is the problem:
> >
> > I posted a question today and Laurent Dufréchou's response answered my
> > question.  I wanted to reply and say Thank you.  But it seems I have to
> > wait till tomorrow when I receive the daily digest.  Is there a way to
> > get around this?  I did find a couple of websites which archives this
> > list, but they do not give me an option to reply.
> >
> > Thank you very much,
> >
> If you're signed up for digests then the easiest thing to do is just
> reply to the list (as it seems you did, by a later post). If posters
> have taken the trouble to reply to you personally as well as the list
> that's just because they are more courteous than netiquette demands.
>
> One point you might have missed: when you make a posting based on an
> entry in a digest it's considered helpful to change the subject line so
> it is a bit more meaningful than "List Digest Volume XXX Isuue XXX". The
> more meaning ful your subject line the more likely it is to attract the
> help you need.

In addition, you don't have to get digests. You can receive each
message seperatly. This list seems to not get that much activity, so
there are only a few messages a day anyway. Just go to
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-win32, select the edit
options button and after you enter your address and password, set
Digest Mode to 'off'. After submitting you changes, you will get each
message when it is sent to the list. In adition, the subject will be
retained, which makes it easier to follow a ceretain dicussion. And
seeing you have a gmail account. Gmail will actually list all
responces with the same subject as one conversation, which makes it
really easy to follow dicussions.

--
----
Waylan Limberg