[python-win32] pasting from clip-board

ryan pinto ryan_p79 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 20:14:37 CEST 2005

Hi Everyone,  William

I found quite a lot of code on capturing text from the
clip-board and pasting it. But couldnt find any
information on pasting screenshots into MS-WORD.

This seems to work fine for pasting text

def GetClipboardText():
      text = ""
      if OpenClipboard(c_int(0)):
          hClipMem = GetClipboardData(c_int(CF_TEXT))
          GlobalLock.restype = c_char_p
          text = GlobalLock(c_int(hClipMem))
          GlobalUnlock(c_int(hClipMem))
          CloseClipboard()
      return text

trying to find something similair which pastes a
pre-captured screenshot into MSWord.

If you guys have seen this somewhere before could you
point me to the sources

Thanks
Ryan Pinto