[python-win32] Intro and Windows Questions

Daniel F nanotube at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 07:01:01 CEST 2005

Hi Christophe,

I am a newbie to python myself... but i have settled for now on just
using the scite editor (http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html) to code
python. like you, i was not impressed with eclipse+pydev, or pythonwin
(and havent even tried all those other ones you mentioned).

scite doesnt have code completion, but it does have automatic syntax
format, block collapse capability, open multiple files in one window
with tabs, and you can run your program from right inside it through a
shortcut (and probably a lot of other useful stuff that i havent
gotten to use yet). i do have to note that i have not done any gui
stuff in python yet, so maybe i will have to start looking for
something else when i do.

maybe not exactly what you were looking for - just sharing my
[admittedly narrow] experience. please feel free to let me know if you
find a really smashing ide, as i would not be averse to using one,
either.

good luck,
-d