[python-win32] ActiveSheets and excel

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed Sep 29 17:09:58 CEST 2004

| I found documentation for this (FINALY) look up info on "Application
| Object" that is returned by the OnConnection method.
| It is in the MSDN and im sure on the net.
| Hope this saves some one else a couple of hours someday.
| :-)
|

| On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:34:36 +0200, Graeme Glass
| <graemeglass at gmail.com> wrote:
| > I have been  playing around with the "application" Object
| but with no joy.
| >
| > How am i able to find out what methods are available to the
| > "application" object?
| > I have been looking in the msdn and google but only seem to
| be able to
| > find things that pertain to what i can do with a dispatched object
| > ie(o= win32com.client.Dispatch("Excel.Application")

Don't know if this is exactly what you're after, but
if win32com.client has generated a proxy module for a
COM object, you can either look at the module in your
gen_py directory (eg c:\python23\lib\site-packages\gen_py)
or you can simply run help on the corresponding class.
This has the slight advantage of showing you *in Python
terms* what parameters are expected.

<code>
import win32com.client

xl = win32com.client.gencache.EnsureDispatch ("Excel.Application")
help (xl.__class__)

</code>

TJG