[python-win32] Returning objects from COM

Alias Alias blipbeep at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 05:26:35 CEST 2004

The short anwer... you probably can't. COM returns primitive types OR
other objects. You could return another IDispatch object (it's not a
python obj), and
then you could get properties from it. This object would be a COM object and
could be written in C++ or Python.

example:

o = win32com.client.Dispatch("MyOwnObject.Name")
person = o.getPerson("John Doe")
print person.Name
print person.UserID
..etc..