[python-win32] Finding and Exiting a Process

Lewis Franklin lewis.franklin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 09:03:16 CEST 2004

I have a program I have developed that opens a custom VB script. I
want to be able to start and end the script; however, the script
actually spawns a new program and therefore has a new process ID.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of the script, the VB script cannot
be rewritten.

My question is if there is any way to find the process ID of the new
program, either by capturing it when it is spawned or by somehow
identifying the process (I do know the program name of the spawned
program if that somehow helps).

If needed, I can provide the VB app.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Lewis