[python-win32] RE: Strange PythonWin IDE crash, now persistent

Raefer Gabriel list at raefer.fastmail.fm
Mon Sep 13 02:03:51 CEST 2004

Thanks for the excellent suggestions Mark.  I just manually nuked the Python
2.3 registry keys as you suggested and reinstalled from the pywin32 build
202 installer, and it seems to have fixed the problem completely.  So it
looks like the crash somehow is corrupting the registry.  I had sort of
assumed before that the Uninstall procedure for pywin32 was cleaning up its
own registry entries - maybe a nice thing to add in the future.

Thanks again!

Raefer