[python-win32] Finding screen size in a DOS window on Xp

Jens B. Jorgensen jens.jorgensen at tallan.com
Wed Nov 17 00:25:59 CET 2004

Tony Cappellini wrote:

>Would someone point me to a way to find the number of lines per screen,
>when a NON-GUI python program is runnining in a DOS box on XP, that is NOT
>maximized ?

I'm not sure there's a non-Python way to find out. Well, there must be.
GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo will tell you about the screen buffer but
that includes the "history" and all that. In the reference for the
various win32 console functions I don't see anything that will tell you
this. I did manage to call GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo using the ctypes
module though. Ctypes is _impressive_.

--
Jens B. Jorgensen
jens.jorgensen at tallan.com

"With a focused commitment to our clients and our people, we deliver value through customized technology solutions"