[python-win32] keyboard macro

Jürgen Kareta python at kareta.de
Wed Nov 10 12:01:33 CET 2004

Hello all,

hello Tim, thanks for the links. I've played a bit with sendkeys, WinGuiAuto
and WATSUP, is's really nice.

I have one question (WinNT,Python2.3.3,pywin 203):

I want to get the apps in a Citrix Metaframe client window. If I understand the
win32api.hlp, the apps are collected in a ListViewControl(!=ListboxControl):

[code]
hwnd=WinGuiAuto.findTopWindow(wantedText='Citrix Program Neighborhood)
controls=WinGuiAuto.findControls(hwnd)
for c in controls:
    print c,win32gui.GetClassName(c), win32gui.GetWindowText(c)

results in:
66080 ComboBox
66084 Edit
131622 ToolbarWindow32
66088 Static
66068 msctls_statusbar32 0 Objekt(e)
66070 SysListView32
66074 SysHeader32
66076 ReBarWindow32
66078 ComboBoxEx32

win32gui.SetForegroundWindow(hwnd) put the right window in front. I've tried a
lot, but get always empty result sets. Any hints ?

regards,
Jürgen