[python-win32] Error creating activex control

Michael Beaulieu michael.beaulieu at sentai.com
Wed May 19 17:48:46 EDT 2004

I have some activex controls I'm trying to use from python.
I have installed the runtime libraries and I can see them in the
pythonwin COM browser but when I try to create one I get the following
error.

  File
"C:\PrgOther\Python23\lib\site-packages\win32com\client\__init__.py",
line 485, in __init__
    if oobj is None: oobj = pythoncom.new(self.CLSID)
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221230, 'Class is not licensed for use',
None, None)

I have a licence for it, what do I do with the licence so it doesn't fail?

Thanks,
Mike