[python-win32] 5991 USER Objects in PythonWin IDE

mshane at vfemail.net mshane at vfemail.net
Thu Mar 11 15:42:37 EST 2004

When I startup the PythonWin IDE, I find it allocates 5991 USER Objects, as
shown in the Windows Task Manager (Under the 'Processes' tab, use the
'View->Select Columns...' menu to look at the USER Objects).  I've been getting
errors in Outlook about running out of memory that go away when I close
PythonWin.  Now I can either code or use email, but not both (not that that's
a bad thing, necessarily).  Is this normal?  Does anyone else get the same
number of USER Objects?

I'm running on Windows 2000, with PythonWin 2.3.2 (#49, Nov 13 2003, 10:34:54)
[MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32, that I installed from ActiveState
ActivePython-2.3.2-232-win32-ix86.msi.

This maybe a red herring, but I believe the problem started when I upgraded from
Mozilla 1.1 to Mozilla 1.6 and Firefox 0.8.  Previous to that upgrade I had
often run both PythonWin and Outlook together.  I've uninstalled both Mozilla
1.6 and Firefox 0.8, and reinstalled ActivePython, but no change in the number
of USER Objects.

Any help would be appreciated.  I've really gotten to like the IDE, and the
debugger especially.  I'd be very sad to have to go back to IDLE.  Thanks very
much.

Mike.