[python-win32] Re: Found how to use TLBs with py2exe,

jkreps at rev.state.ne.us jkreps at rev.state.ne.us
Mon Mar 1 08:55:36 EST 2004

                      Andreas Maurer
                      <pyama at snafu.de>>        To:       jkreps at rev.state.ne.us
                                               cc:       python-win32 at python.org
                      02/28/2004 07:07         Subject:  Re: [python-win32] Re: Found how to use TLBs with
                      AM                        py2exe,

jkreps at rev.state.ne.us schrieb:
>> "I don't have VSS installed (shudder), I use CVS ;-)"
>>
>> CVS is sweet, fast and stable.

>All this properties -in our context- does have VSS also.
>Is CVS also shipped with an COM Automation Library?

No.

I use Boa_Constructor as my GUI RAD dev tool, which is built on pxPython
and wxWindows widgets and looks and runs the same on either platform.  The
apps made with it runs on either a Windows box or a Linux box, and if one
is careful about the fonts that are used no code changes are necessary.

We are moving away from Microsoft's Common Object Model and dependence on
Microsoft in general.   In Windows I use CVSNT and TortoiseCVS.  In Linux I
use Cervesia, which is a plugin for Konqueror.

There are two other OpenSource version control systems available:
Subversion and Arch (aka tla).  Subversion is CVS with all the oddities and
difficulties removed.  Arch is a totally different approach.  Subversion
has a Windows version and an IE plugin, just like CVS.  Arch is available
only for Linux.   Since this thread started I moved to Subversion and am
very pleased with it.
JLK