[python-win32] Reload Python libraries to ASP script engine

Craig H. Anderson craig at coot.net
Mon Jul 26 21:43:36 CEST 2004

One of the things I like about Python is managing
libraries with distutils.  I struggled for a while
with how to get my ASP pages to use newly installed
Python libraries.  Here is a procedure I found to work:

Start->All Programs->Administrative Tools->Internet Information Services
Right Click on 'Default Web Site' select Properties

Select 'Home Directory' panel
 Set Application Projection to 'Medium (Pooled'
 Click on the Unload button
   Unloading this application will unload all applications in the
application pool.
   Are you sure you want to continue?
   Click on Yes

After doing this, my newly installed Python library code is run.
I assume this causes any Python script engine to exit and a new
Python script engine to be started at the next ASP reference.

Are there other ways to get Python library code loaded?