[python-win32] Re: Installing Build 202 with Python 2.4a1

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Mon Jul 12 22:38:48 CEST 2004

"Mark Hammond" <mhammond at skippinet.com.au> writes:

>> Has anyone else had troubles using the Build 202 installer with Python
>> 2.4a1?  It all goes nicely for me until the end, when I get:
>
> Unfortunately, my 2.4 build came out just a few days *before* 2.4 itself -
> hence I didn't test that build as well as I could have.
>
> The installation should work correctly, but the registry keys (eg, the Help
> File location) will not be setup.  I will fix this in the next build.

This seems to be my fault.  When the source files for the wininst
installer changes in CVS, the binaries (wininst.exe or wininst-6.exe and
wininst-7.1.exe) must be recompiled, and commited to CVS.  The changed
binaries didn't make it into the 2.4a1 installer.  I'll add warnings to
the source files so it doesn't get forgotten again.

Thomas