[python-win32] Problem with WMI and COM in Python (repost due to type in prev posting)

Christian Wyglendowski Christian.Wyglendowski at greenville.edu
Wed Jan 14 10:19:09 EST 2004

[snip error]

> I've used the Makepy browser in PythonWin, but I don't see
> anything obviously for WMI.

I used PythonWin's makepy on the following libraries:
Microsoft WMI Scripting V1.2 Library (1.2)
WMI ADSI Extension Type Library (1.0)
WMICntl 1.0 Type Library (1.0)

> Has anyone here used Tim's wrapper for WMI successfully with Python ?

I have used it with no problems.  If I remember correctly though, I did
run makepy on the above libraries previous to using it.  I don't know if
that makes a difference or not.  Also, my platform is Windows XP, but I
don't think that makes a difference as long as WMI is installed on your
platform.

Christian
http://www.dowski.com