[python-win32] Communicating symbols between extension modules

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen at cwi.nl
Tue Jan 13 15:37:22 EST 2004

On 13-jan-04, at 18:30, Jens B. Jorgensen wrote:
>> Right. But my problem is that I need to call *C* code from that other
>> module: that code that I want to call is specifically meant to
>> wrap/unwrap C objects from their corresponding Python objects....
>
> So why not just call LoadLibrary/GetProcAddress on the other DLL?

This sounds like an interesting solution. Just to double-check: I have
two Python extension modules _Qt.pyd and _Cm.pyd and the first one
needs the routine CmpObj_Convert from the latter one I can
LoadLibrary(_Cm.pyd) and it will work both when _Cm.pyd has already
been loaded through the normal import mechanism and when it hasn't, and
a subsequent import will also work correctly?

That leaves one question: can I get at the filename from where _Qt.pyd
has been loaded? Because I would need that to construct the pathname
for _Cm.pyd.
Goldman