[python-win32] How do you retrieve the name of the network adapters of a local machine

Pierre Rouleau prouleau at impathnetworks.com
Fri Feb 20 16:36:25 EST 2004

I am looking for a way to retrieve the name of the local network
adapter(s) used by a computer.

I have working C++ code that reads them via the registry looking at

"SYSTEM\\CurrentControlSet\\Control\\Network\\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}"

There must be an OS function call that can be used for that purpose and
is valid on several versions of Windows (I am looking for NT4 and up).

Does anyone know where I should look (or better what would be the
function or API)  Hopefully that function would be available in PyWin32,
but if it is not, I would write a wrapper to access through Python.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Pierre