[python-win32] PythonWin on Win 200s Server

Bob Gailer bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
Thu Feb 19 14:03:29 EST 2004

I am having one hell of a time getting PythonWin 163 to work reliably on
Win 2003 Server.

I have been thru a number of reinstalls of the op sys, installing each time
less software, and still running into problems. What manifests now is (1)
PythonWin starts and runs slow. (2) when debugging
it reports a loadbarstate failure, and now even the menus don't drop down.

I can't even uninstall it! Could not open INSTALL.LOG fiile.

Am I just out of luck? It seems that I've worked with PythonWin with great
success for 2 or so years Win 2000 and Win 2003) , and now it it just dying
on me.

I will (once again) install the op sys, and ONE program at a time (which is
what I was doing), till I see the point at which something is destroyed
that causes PythonWin to fail.

Bob Gailer
bgailer at alum.rpi.edu
303 442 2625 home