[python-win32] win32security.SID - System Error

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Thu Feb 5 10:23:27 EST 2004

I am -- occasionally and slightly unpredictably -- getting a SystemError
when I try to instantiate a win32security.SID object using the standard
__init__. Example:

<dump>

ActivePython 2.2.3 Build 227 (ActiveState Corp.) based on
Python 2.2.3 (#42, Nov 13 2003, 09:57:55) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
>>> import win32security
>>> s = win32security.SID ((0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 5), (21, 1511986248))
>>> print s
SystemError:
D:\trentm\as\Apps\ActivePython-2_2\src\Core\Objects\longobject.c:231: bad
argument to internal function

</dump>

There's obviously something wrong, because -- even if I provided
slightly dodgy parameters -- I should just get a conventional
Exception.

I've had a look on Sourceforge and can't see a known bug which
seems to describe this, but while I forage for my (seldom used)
Sourceforge id to log a new one, has anyone any light to shed?

Extra information: I can happily use PySIDs generated from the
other win32security functions, such as LookupAccountName and
ConvertStringSidToSid

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk