[python-win32] Problem with PythonWin IDE child windows odd behavior.

R. Alan Monroe amonroe at columbus.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 10:03:14 EST 2004

> On my Win 2003 Server I can open 8 PythonWin IDE child windows without
> problem. Any windows I open beyond that become transparent, showing
> whatever was active just before selecting it.

> The problem jointly affects child windows in Mozilla.

> Child windows in MS Excel and Access and IE are not affected.

> What might cause this?

Go into task manager. Go to the processes tab. On the menu go to
View/Select columns. Check on "USER objects" and "GDI objects". The
GDI count is probably really high for those apps. I personally
experienced that if Mozilla 1.5 got over 1000 GDI object it would quit
refreshing its own screen. I haven't got to test that with 1.6 yet. As
far as I know you'll just have to exit & relaunch, and report it as a
resource leak to the program authors.

Alan