[python-win32] Re: Windows service features and Python

Imre András Róbert beast at ludens.elte.hu
Thu Aug 26 18:34:56 CEST 2004

Hello Mark,

>> Maybe we could add this to the registering method like:
>> def AddSourceToRegistry(appName, msgDLL = None, eventLogType =
>> "Application", eventLogFlags = None, catDLL = None, catCount = 0):

> Sounds great! :)  Just make a patch or if necessary, send me a the complete
> modified source.

>> Should I log the need for cmd line pause and continue as an RFE?

> As above - I've no shortage on nice things to do :)

Ok, I'd like to contribute. Namely, I will try adding the following things:
- message category handling for services
- cmd line pause/continue options for services
- opportunity to define description for services upon install

I will download the recent source, and add things. Is there anything
that I should know before starting hacking? (Verification, test
guidelines? I dont wanna spoil things...)

--
Thanks,
  András