[python-win32] Graphics

Julio Canto jcanto at hispasec.com
Wed Apr 28 09:15:38 EDT 2004

Hi there,
I wanted to generate some statistical graphics with Python in a Win32
environment. I've been successfully using the COM interface with a
commertial product (SwiftChart) but I wanted to know if there's a more
'lightweight' approach for such kind of stuff.
I've been searching for some information that could explain the
possibility to use MS Graph for this subject (as I've used that
component in VB in other developings) but I haven't find anything. I
used makepy for extracting an interface for that component and I've
tried a couple of tests, but curiously, it tells me this:
pywintypes.com_error: (-2147221164, 'Class not registered', None, None)
Probably the problem is that I skipped a step or something, but I don't
know what.
Thank you in advance,
    JC