[python-win32] Launching an application from python

Mike.Tallhamer at USONCOLOGY.COM Mike.Tallhamer at USONCOLOGY.COM
Wed Apr 21 14:34:12 EDT 2004

I am a physicist turned programmer for a current project I'm working on and
am rather new to python GUI programming. I would like to know if it is
possible to launch an application like adobe from my application simply by
programming the commands into a button. I have a few protocols that are in
pdf format and I would like to pull up the protocol in adobe as an on the
fly help while calibrating a linear accelerator using my GUI interface. Is
this possible on windows and how would I go about doing it. I know on a Mac
I can make os.system calls but am unfamiliar with how to do this on windows.

Please respond to the following email because I can't seem to get on the
list using my current email account.
<Getting strange errors>

Mike.Tallhamer at USONCOLOGY.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Michael Tallhamer
Medical Physicist
Department of Radiation Oncology
Rocky Mountain Cancer Centers
Denver, CO

The contents of this electronic mail message and any attachments are confidential, possibly privileged and intended for the addressee(s) only.  Only the addressee(s) may read, disseminate, retain or otherwise use this message.  If received in error, please immediately inform the sender and then delete this message without disclosing its contents to anyone.