[python-win32] Icon associations stopped working with

Andreas Maurer amapy at snafu.de
Mon Sep 29 04:24:47 EDT 2003

> > type" tab and check the settings for the py extension. You can
> > change >>the icon if you have to, it is usually placed in the ?:\python23
> > folder as py.ico.
>

> Thanks Antone. I know how to restore the associations. The point I'm trying
> to bring up is "Why does this only happen AFTER I installed and uninstalled
> Py23, and Win32all 1.57, on two different systems  ??

Hi Tony,

what kind of installation did you choose?
Yo may choose between Admin-Install (python23.dll and some other files
are copied into %SystemRoot%\System32), file-associations are made for
All Users,

or

Non-Admin-Install (python23.dll will be put into <PYTHONPATH>,
file-assocs are written into HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive.)
-> other users except install account can't see file-assocs

HTH

Andi