[python-win32] Tkinter - can't close the console or interpreter window

Jens B. Jorgensen jens.jorgensen at tallan.com
Mon Nov 3 12:36:43 EST 2003

Rename your file with a .pyw extension. If you have the regular
ActiveState python installation then doing so will associate the file
with the pythonw.exe build. pythonw is build as a win32 gui app and the
OS will not open a console window for it. This is a windoze thing rather
than anything to do with Python.