[python-win32] Problems with McMillan installer, and COM objects

Kaufman, Duane (MED, LUNAR) Duane.Kaufman at med.ge.com
Mon Nov 3 09:24:11 EST 2003

Hi,

I am trying to get a Python-wxPython-COM program I have written into an
'installable' format to distribute it, and running into difficulties
when installing it on another PC.

My Python app utilizes an ActiveX OCX, and gets a reference to it
through the gencache.EnsureModule() call. While this works OK on the
development machine, when I package it up, and try it from another PC,
it seems as if the directory names the win32com functions trying to use
get goofed up.

Has anyone successfully used Gordon's installer and an ActiveX
component?

Thanks in advance,
Duane