[python-win32] Encapsulating a wxWindows component with COM/ActiveX

Champ Hippy champipi at belgique.com
Tue Jul 1 19:23:35 EDT 2003

Hello,

I would like to know if it is possible to create a COM/ActiveX
component that would encapsulate a wxPython graphical object. You may
think for instance of an OpenGL canvas created with PyOpenGL that
would plot some graph (this is indeed my final target). This component
would not create its own window but would be part of a parent window
created with another programming language (C++ or Delphi). My idea
would be to create a component that could be integrated in any COM
aware Microsoft application and especially in Internet Explorer.

I also have a trivial question related to this general problem: is
there really no difference between activeX and COM? If there is one
(even small), I am interested in any simple sample code creating an
activeX.

Thank you,

Bernard