[python-win32] Is deviceless drive available

DogWalker forestiero@qwest.net
Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:23:44 -0800

You can create a FileSystemObject by using the method documented as Creating
a COM client (or something like).

----- Original Message -----
From: "dave nirschl" <nirschl@eudoramail.com>
To: <python-win32@python.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 27, 2003 10:46 AM
Subject: [python-win32] Is deviceless drive available

> I'm looking for a way to either enumerate all mounted network drives
(including deviceless, by which I mean there is no local drive letter
association) or to determine if one particular network drive is mounted.

> My only frame of reference is in VB, in which the File System Object
contains a boolean method DriveExists which does what I need, for example:

> debug.print fso.DriveExists("\\computername\share")
>
> I've looked through the win32api and win32file but haven't found any calls
which I think would do the trick. win32api.GetLogicalDriveStrings is pretty
close, but doesn't appear to work for deviceless drives.

> Just for reference, I'm mounting network drives using
win32wnet.WNetAddConnection2 with a localName of Null.