[python-win32] Generating Postscript from Word

Paul Browning paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk
Tue Apr 22 21:28:39 EDT 2003

I was reading the code snippets in Hammond & Robertson
and have figured that

from win32com.client import Dispatch
myWord = Dispatch('Word.Application')
myWord.Visible = 1
myWord.Documents.Add('f:\\tests\\test1.doc')
myWord.PrintOut()

gives me hard-copy on my currently selected printer.

However, I'd like to generate Postscript silently from Word. Doing

myWord.ActivePrinter = 'Apple LaserWriter 16/600 PS'

selects the right driver but I how do I pass a filename
for the output so as to avoid the dialogue box that
pops up?

TIA

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
   E-mail: paul.browning at bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/