[python-win32] win32 equivalent for "my.exe > stdout.txt &"

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Tue, 19 Mar 2002 17:15:33 +1100

> I want to launch a child process from within a python script which will
> run in the background with all stdout redirected to a file i.e. a
> unix equivalent of "my.exe > stdout.txt &". To do this I have been
> trying something like:

I'm not too sure how this differs from using popen from inside a thread? I
assume that for some reason you need the process handle?  If so, just
examine the Python popen implementations, and port them to Python.  There
are some intricate details you must get correct.

Mark.