[python-uk] Do you use Python..? (Of course you do...)

Naomi Ceder naomi.ceder at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 10:25:30 EDT 2018

Hi Jon,

The issue on the member site is resolved and it is now accepting
memberships. In response to your other points (all completely true):

The login page for "sign up as a member" also has an option to create an
account on the right side. Creating an account of the python.org web site
is the first step. Once you have created an account hitting the membership
link will take you to a page to confirm basic membership.

Supporting memberships are intended for individuals. The fee supports the
PSF's mission and confers the right to vote in PSF elections. Companies
should consider sponsorship -
https://www.python.org/psf/forms/sponsor-application/

I do appreciate that all the instructions could be clearer and the process
streamlined at all levels. Sadly we are not yet at the point where we have
the staff to do all of the things we'd like, particularly with the hectic
run up to PyCon.

I hope this helps and I hope that everyone will consider helping us with
this funding drive.

Cheers,
Naomi Ceder
PSF Board Chair

On 24 April 2018 at 06:33, Jon Ribbens <jon+python-uk at unequivocal.eu> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 21, 2018 at 09:54:59AM +0100, Nicholas H.Tollervey wrote:
> > * If you're someone who works at a company who makes heavy use of Python
> > and its related infrastructure then please consider making a donation as
> > an individual (after all, your job relies on this community and its
> > efforts) and also encourage your managers to make a corporate donation.
>
> The Python site seems unfortunately to be a bit of a mess regarding
> donations. The site says "donate $99, become a 'Supporting member'",
> but it is extremely unclear what that means, what are the consequences
> of being one, can a corporation be one - none of it is explained
> anywhere, including the "Membership FAQ" page.
>
> The "sign up as a member" page
> https://www.python.org/users/membership/ does not work
> (just takes you to a login page).
>
> The "sign up as a supporting member" page
> https://www.psfmember.org/user/register does not work
> ("unable to accept new submissions").

Naomi Ceder

@NaomiCeder • https://www.linkedin.com/in/naomiceder/