[python-uk] [EuroPython-Members] EuroPython Reboot

Reimar Bauer r.bauer at fz-juelich.de
Fri Sep 19 11:29:12 CEST 2014

Dear John, dear all Pythonistas

thanks for taking time to organize this. I enjoyed all get together in
the past EuroPython conferences or everywhere I was able to meet the
Python folks.

I have also a long term experience in organizing smaller Python
community events.

My (Reimar Bauer) personal opinion is that we were already in 2012 on
the path to run in this issue or a little earlier. In 2012 we had a
reboot of the EPS Board. The old board already made beforehand the
decission to run 3rd year in Florence.
At this time the bell was ringing. Now it rings louder.

The question also should be if this big picture some of us have is
necessary and where does it block us.
I would prefer to dream a big picture instead of having it seen and made
this the goal to run for. The room to move shouldn't too much limited.

I try to be online on the meeting time.

best regards
Reimar

Forschungszentrum Juelich GmbH