[python-uk] The London Python Dojo is this Thursday

Carles Pina i Estany carles at pina.cat
Sun Jul 14 13:08:01 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Jul/14/2013, andrea crotti wrote:

> The fact that we are working on complex problems means that everyone
> is rushing and only using techniques that *he/she already knows*,
> because that's the only way to get something done.

sometimes has been too complex. But sometimes I just downgrade the
"fancy problem" to something easier.

Last Thursday I could rephrase the problem to:
One have 6 rows. Write two random words in two different rows:

-row 1: aword
-row 2:
-row 3: someotherword
-row 4:
-row 5:
-row 6:

Write an across word with the regular expression ^w.o..." (column 2) and
another one "^o.m..." (for column 4).

For me, part of the exercise sometimes (in my opinion) is to find what
in some literature they call "MVP" :-D (if we go fancy, Minimum Viable
Product I think).

> The other thing I don't like so much is the size of the groups, it's
> hard collaborate in 4/5 people leaving everyone involved, and we waste
> a lot of time understanding how to split the task and how to merge the
> things together.

it depends on the group (or the mood of the group) and problem.

As mentioned, similar problems happens in other place. For example at my
tennis table club: mix of levels, some advanced players don't want to
play with beginners. Some other advance players give too MANY
suggestions to beginners and the beginners cannot process all at the
same time and then it's not fun but stressful for them.

Also, I have to recognize that some months I'm in a more programming
mood, other months less programming mood (due the Dojo being after a
work day).

--
Carles Pina i Estany
	Web: http://pinux.info || Blog: http://pintant.cat