[python-uk] Pyserial on Raspberry Pi returning just "\x00" ie NULL characters

Stephen Emslie stephenemslie at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 15:15:43 CEST 2012

I've found strace to be a really valuable tool in debugging arduino serial
communication. Not sure what your problem is, but perhaps inspecting the
serial connection like this could help:

    strace -e trace=read,open,write -p <process_id>

That should print out all read, write, and open calls from your process to
the operating system, which includes reads and writes on the connection to
arduino.

Stephen