[python-uk] Library for (undirected) graphs in Python?

Alex Willmer alex at moreati.org.uk
Mon Jan 24 23:29:43 CET 2011

On 24 January 2011 19:27, Sebastian Komianos <sebkom at nerdvana.gr> wrote:
> Now, maybe the solution is to use Python 2.6 instead. Before starting
> working on my project I knew nothing about Python, which is one of the
> reasons I chose it over, say, Java, and thought that the 3rd version is the
> way to go. Is it not?

Python 3 hasn't been widely adopted yet, so you're better using Python
2.x for now. The latest release is Python 2.7, but 2.6 is a good
starting point if you've already got a version installed or you wish
to deploy on a reasonably recent *nix release.

The only program I know for (un)directed graphs is Graphviz and
associated DOT format. For which there a few hits:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=search&term=graphviz
--
Alex Willmer <alex at moreati.org.uk>
http://moreati.org.uk/blog http://twitter.com/moreati